You are a manager in a large company, and you are assigned to a mentor. Your mentor is very excited that you are taking this course and has therefore asked you to develop and share your own personal theory of leadership. This person wants you to be very detailed in this process and submit a report for review.
Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
I. Personal Theory of Leadership
1. Briefly summarize the Transformational theories of leadership you analyzed in Part I, focusing on an overview of the key aspects from that analysis that will inform the discussion of your personal leadership style and its application.
2. Identify aspects of the theories of leadership discussed earlier that you would like to incorporate into your personal theory of leadership. Be sure to include the potential impact on transformational change.
3. Determine how theory and practice intersect in your personal leadership theory. How do the exemplary leaders inform your personal theory of leadership?
4. Differentiate which aspects of your theory are essential to you and which aspects are more flexible and therefore less essential. Be sure to address potential impact on internal and external stakeholders.
5. Differentiate which aspects of your theory seem the most challenging and the most comfortable to you and why. What are the intersections between these aspects and those you identified as essential and flexible?