Identify a problem or inefficient/ineffective aspect of your
information or knowledge management system. This can be hypothetical,
but must be realistic.
Write a brief report outlining the problem and your recommended solution, complete with evidence.
- Identify the problem
- Identify evidence
- Identify a solution.
Next, you will need to identify training needs and organise
appropriate training. Write a plan that acknowledges and answers the
- What are the training needs?
- How can you train relevant staff to use the new updated system?
- How would you organise this?
- What resources do you need?
Next, you will need to monitor the effectiveness of these changes and the training provided.
- How will you monitor to see whether the new changes have been effective?
- How will you monitor to see if staff are being compliant with policy?
- How will you monitor to see whether your solution resolved the original issue?
The point of this activity is for you to demonstrate the skills and
knowledge that you have acquired through the completion of this unit, so
you should aim to demonstrate this as much as you can.
This is a major activity – Attach your completed answers to the workbook.
You must individually, answer the following questions in full to show your competency of each element:
- Organise learning to use information or knowledge management system
- Manage use of information or knowledge management system
- Review use of information or knowledge management system.
- Why do you need to accommodate different learning needs into training delivery?
- Why do you need to ensure that sufficient suitable resources are sourced and acquired for training purposes?
- Suggest one way in which you could facilitate a learning activity.
- Why is it important to promote and support the use of information and knowledge management systems?
- Why should the effectiveness of learning activities be monitored?
- Why might effectiveness and efficiency be affected or impacted as time goes by?
- Why do you need to address implementation issues?
- Why are integration and alignment of information and knowledge management systems important?
- Why is performance measuring important for an organisation?
- Why are technical specialists recommended?
- Why might you need to report on the strengths and limitations of the system?
- Why do you need to review business plans?
Why do you need to make recommendations for improvements that you have identified?