For SLP 2, you will analyze how the following stakeholders are involved in the Manage Your Cloud (MYC) integration project. This exercise was extracted from Schwalbe (2014) textbook, but it was copied below for convenience. There is no need to look for the textbook as the assignment and questions are given here.
- Don Stevenson, the project manager
- Mike Cunningham, the project sponsor
- Chuck Wilkinson, data center manager
- Herber Wout, IT department manager
- Debbie Ross, Marketing and Sales manager
- Stew Wilson and Bonnie Brae, programmer/analysts in the IT department
- Linda Man, Testing manager
- Patrick Lorimer, a network specialist in IT
- Nancy Rae, a business analyst in IT
- Virginia Gonzalez, the sponsor and VP of human resources
- Bea Sullivan, a human resources specialist
- Cassandra Rodney, a finance specialist
- Vicky Benson-Bay, technical writer
- Supplier A, who was hired to handle training on the new system and manage an
- 20,000 full-time employees and 5,000 part-time employees, all of whom are potential
users of the new system
- Prepare a Stakeholder Classification and Impact Matrix and the Stakeholder Engagement Matrix using the preceding information. The matrices are both included in the Stakeholder Classification Matrix form. Make up other information as needed to complete the matrices.
- Create a Stakeholder Register and Stakeholder Management Strategy for the project, focusing on members who are not on the project team, such as Debbie, Cassandra, and the lead person from Supplier A, and a vocal member of a user group testing the new system reporting to Linda. Be creative in developing potential management strategies.
- Prepare an Issue Log for the project. Include issues such as Virginia and Vicky leaving the company, and difficult and vocal members of the user group who makes waves leading to unproductive meetings. Chuck seems busy working on data center satellite facility. Make up three additional potential issues.