f you are using the Blackboard Mobile Learn IOS App, please click “View in Browser.”
Click the link above to submit your assignment.
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Term Paper: Website Migration Project
Week 10 and worth 200 points Tony’s Chips has recently been sold to a
new independent company. The new company has hired you to manage a
project that will move the old Website from an externally hosted
solution to an internal one. The company’s leadership is very concerned
about redundancy for their site, insisting that a back-up site be
available as a failover in case the main site goes down. In addition,
they want the site redesigned to allow customers to order products
As part of your job, you must complete a 10-to-15 page
paper that follows this project through the system development life
cycle (SDLC). This assignment will require you to do the following:
what it will take to build a Web architecture, move an existing Website
with minimal downtime, and provide a disaster recovery solution to
ensure the site is always available.
- The Web
architecture should describe and justify operating system choices (i.e.,
Linux, Apache, MYSQL, PHP, Windows, IIS, SQL, etc.).
- Evaluate alternatives to the company self-hosting the site.
- Build a Gantt chart using Microsoft Project or equivalent software, showing all tasks associated with implementing the Website.
- The chart should include a minimum of five (5) tasks, each with three (3) sub-tasks.
- Explain and justify the system architecture you have selected.
- Illustrate the system architecture using Visio or equivalent software.
- Create a use case that documents the event of a customer ordering a bag of chips from the new Website.
- The use case should include a graphical representation using Visio or equivalent software and a text description of the events.
- Discuss the support operations that the internally hosted Website will require after implementation.
- Explain how you will evaluate the performance of the new site and the success of your project.
The specific Course Learning Outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Design high-level logical system characteristics (user interface design, design of data, and information requirements).
- Use contemporary CASE tools in process and data modeling.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in systems analysis and development.
clearly and concisely about Systems Analysis and Development topics
using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization
of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following
rubric. Click here to view the grading rubric.