Intro to CPT Coding
Answer all 20 questions and send them back to me- must make sure ALL answers are correct and get it back to me in the next 3 hours
1. Modifier -78 indicates a/an
A. unplanned return to the OR.
B. emergency room procedure.
C. ambulance service.
D. distinct dental procedure.
2. Modifier -92 indicates a/an
A. anesthesia administration.
B. multiple service.
C. mandated procedure.
D. laboratory test included a kit or a transportable instrument.
3. An unrelated procedure in the postoperative period is indicated with modifier
4. Modifier -33 indicates a
A. preventive service.
B. reduced anesthesia.
C. bilateral procedure.
D. blood pressure screening.
5. A surgical procedure named after a person is called a/an
6. Staged or related procedures are indicated with
A. add-on code 65239.
B. modifier -58.
C. add-on code A1C.
D. modifier -51.
7. Right and left triangles indicate a
A. code correction.
B. change in the text description.
C. deleted code.
D. new modifier.
8. Modifier -77 indicates a
A. required service.
B. multiple procedure.
C. repeat procedure performed by another physician.
D. bundled service.
9. Modifier -59 indicates a/an _______ procedure.
10. Appendix E includes a list of
A. medical supplies.
B. CPT codes exempt from modifier -51.
C. commonly prescribed medications.
D. clinical examples.
11. A significant separately identifiable E/M service is indicated with a/an
A. add-on code 52.
B. modifier -23.
C. modifier -25.
D. optional code 2523.
12. Dr. Brown stops a surgical procedure due to the patient’s reaction to anesthesia. What modifier code is appended to the CPT code?
A. -53 for discontinued procedure
B. -13 for abbreviated service
C. -1 for reduced time
D. -97 for reduced anesthesia service
13. Vascular families can be found in Appendix
14. What function does the times symbol (×) indicate?
A. Code deletion
15. The modifier for the assistant surgeon is