The assignment instructions are below. Your posting is due by 11:59PM on Saturday , March 9th. THE ASSIGNMENT: Access the reading entitled, Vilfredo Pareto and Political Irrationality, found under COURSE READINGS… and read it thoroughly…
Remember for context, that Pareto was writing around the turn of the 20th century in a time of great political and economic evolution. This should be an extensive and detailed review of the following demonstrating great persuasive depth and specificity. (Grading will not only take into consideration the content produced, but following all expectations of the instructions as well as the stated formatting requirements.) For your posting, complete the following IN CLEARLY NUMBERED (OR TITLED) SECTIONS for your posting :
1. Mention the article and the author as you introduce the discussion. Explain in your own words what the author was conveying to the reader (in other words, write a brief summary of the article–including the purpose and goals of writing it–two or three paragraphs that explain the main idea[s].) Be sure to mention and analyze any empirical findings discussed in the selection.
2. List FIVE facts or revelations that surprised or interested you and why. What did you learn and/or find intriguing about what was written? Does Pareto seem a bit postmodern in his perspectives and why or why not?
3. Did you agree or disagree with any of the points made? Elaborate and critically discuss each.
4. Was the article compelling or convincing to you in any respect? Discuss any supporting historical or empirical evidence presented.
5. After reading the article, what do you believe the future of Western societies (or just America) is, given the issues and concerns mentioned in the article and why? What would a socially-responsible person recommend for the betterment and/or continuance of our society going forward? What should each individual citizen do behaviorally to demonstrate personal responsibility that may then collectively contribute to a better social future than the threatened one described in the article? Include any other comments or observations to conclude.