BUS 520 WEEK 3 DISCUSSION
Daniel Goleman, a psychologist, was the first to popularize the trait Emotional Intelligence, sometimes referred to as EI. Emotional Intelligence is a person’s capacity to be aware of her or his emotions and feelings towards others to influence their thinking and actions. The four components of EI are:
1. Self-awareness – This is your ability to read your own emotions accurately to know how your actions or lack thereof affect others.
2. Self-management – This is your ability to control or regulate your emotions and act with integrity.
3. Social-awareness – Gives you the ability to understand the needs of others and show empathy towards them.
4. Relationship management – this is your ability to communicate clearly and convincingly, reduce conflict and build strong bonds.
After viewing the video, respond to the following questions for this weeks discussion on Emotional Intelligence.
• How has your emotional intelligence, or lack of emotional intelligence, positively or negatively impacted your professional or personal relationships?
• Choose ONE of the components of EI and explain how it contributes to job satisfaction.
BONUS: FOUR DIFFERENT ANSWER POSTED CHOOSE ONE