Assignment 3 instructions https://blackboard.strayer.edu/bbcswebdav/institut…
Assignment 3 template https://blackboard.strayer.edu/bbcswebdav/institut…
USING A SOCIOLOGICAL APPROACH Due Week 9: 120 points
For your final assignment, you’ll complete a short answer activity in which you will review a research article to identify the research conclusion. Then, you’ll take another look at that conclusion from the perspective of one of the major sociological theories. Use the Assignment 3 template to complete this assignment.
LEARN Review the Article: “Money, Not Access, Key to Resident Food Choices in ‘Food Deserts’ “ https://news.ncsu.edu/2017/03/money-fooddeserts-20…
1) What were the key findings and conclusion from the research?
THEORY Remember: The four major sociological theories are Functionalism, Conflict Theory, Symbolic Interactionism, and Rational Choice Theory. For more information, review Sections 1.8 – 1.12 in your webtext.
2) Choose one of the four major sociological theories— Functionalism, Conflict Theory, Symbolic Interactionism, or Rational Choice Theory. (Review the Assignment 3 Cheat Sheet in the Help tab in Blackboard and Sections 1.8 – 1.12 in your webtext for more information.
a) In your own words, define the theory that you chose.
b) Discuss how this theory relates to the research findings in the article.
EVALUATE 3) Use the article to help answer the questions below.
a) What research method was used in the article?
b) What are the advantages and disadvantages of using this research method? (Your response should be a paragraph of at least 5-7 sentences.)
See section 2.9 and table 2.1 of the webtext to review the advantages and disadvantages of the different research methods.
c) What additional research should be conducted to learn more about the problem examined in the article? (Your response should be a paragraph of at least 5-7 sentences.)
FORMATTING 4) Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Use the Assignment 3 template to complete this assignment.
• References are not required for this assignment as you will use the assigned article and your webtext.
• Be sure to include your name and the date on the cover page.