According to the Institute of Medicine, more than 20% of the growing older adult population has a mental health disorder (IOM, 2012). In the past, many older adults avoided psychotherapy because of the associated social stigma, but with the growing acceptance of therapy and awareness of mental health issues, more of this population is seeking the help they need. In your role, as the psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner, you have the opportunity to help these older adult clients overcome challenges that may have plagued them for a lifetime.
· Assess clients presenting for psychotherapy
· Evaluate effectiveness of therapeutic approaches for clients receiving psychotherapy
· Describe an older client you are counseling whom you do not think is adequately progressing according to expected clinical outcomes.
Note: Do not use the client’s actual name.
· Explain your therapeutic approach with the client, including the perceived effectiveness of your approach. EX CBT, existential approach, medications etc.
· Identify any additional information about this client that may potentially impact expected outcomes.
Resources for reference ( need 3 references).
Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
Swift, J. K., & Greenberg, R. P. (2015). What is premature termination, and why does it occur? In Premature termination in psychotherapy: Strategies for engaging clients and improving outcomes (pp. 11–31). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association. doi:10.1037/14469-002
Do you need high quality Custom Essay Writing Services?
In case you would like to know more of forex trading please check it out