Write an essay for me using this topic ”examples of the documentation Jai would need to provide, (in relation to the proposed automated door David and Tara have requested), to comply with relevant NCC/BCA requirements”
Kindly Add to CART and download the FULL sample paper at $5 Only.
This assessment has been designed to allow you to provide evidence of your competence in the unit CPCCBC4001A Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects.
Note: you will need to complete additional assessments as you progress through yourcourse to demonstrate competence for all aspects of the unit.
In completing your final assessments, you will show evidence of your ability to:
- Access and interpret relevant code and standard requirements
- Analyse and apply a range of solutions to a construction problem for compliance with the NCC/BCA.
To assist with this assessment, refer to Appendix A, B and C for relevant excerpts of the National Construction Code (NCC).
Read the scenario below and refer to the NCC/BCA to answer the four questions below.
Thebuilding construction process has commenced for David and Tara King’s house andis progressing well. Jai, the builder for Sullivon Constructions, meetsregularly with David and Tara to discuss ongoing building issues and to makedecisions. At the last site meeting, David and Tara mentioned that they would likeJai to install an automated door at the rear of the house to allow easywheelchair access for Tara’s disabled mother.
Jai is aware that the proposed automated door, will not comply with the Deemed-to-Satisfy provisions of the NCC/BCA & that he will have to consider a Performance or Alternative Solution, to accommodate his clients wishes.
- What are the four assessment methods & their reference numbers, Jai will use to ensure an ‘alternative solution’ satisfies the performance requirements of the NCC/BCA?
Refer to NCC/BCA V1 General Provision, Part A0 Application to aid you in your response.
|Assessment Method 1:|
|Assessment Method 2:|
|Assessment Method 3:|
|Assessment Method 4:|
- Provide a brief explanation of all four (4) ‘assessment methods & their reference numbers’’ as outlined in the NCC/BCA:
|Assessment Method 1 & Reference Number:|
|Assessment Method 2 & Reference Number:|
|Assessment Method 3 & Reference Number:|
|Assessment Method 4 & Reference Number:|
- Give two examples of the documentation Jai would need to provide, (in relation to the proposed automated door David and Tara have requested), to comply with relevant NCC/BCArequirements?
Refer to NCC/BCA V1, Contents & features introduction, Documentation of decisions, to aid you in your response.
- Visit the policies section of the Sullivon Constructions website.
Locate the ‘Quality Policy’ and identify three aspects of the project that Jai would need to consider that could impact on the ‘alternative solution’ (for an automated door) requested by Tara and David), e.g. quality of materials and workmanship.
What is the name & full reference number of the section in the NCC/BCA that defines room heights in class 1 & 10 buildings?
Complete the NCC/BCA room heights table below, by filling in the missing NCC/BCA data.
|NCC/BCA ROOM HEIGHTS TABLE|
|Room function||Minimum Room height (mm)||Full NCC/BCA reference No.|
- Answer (including the full NCC/BCA reference number) the follow questions in relation to NCC/BCA stair construction compliance, in class 1 & 10 buildings.
a) What is the maximum no of risers permitted in each flight?
b) What is the purpose of a landing?
c) What is the minimum length of a landing?
d) For Stairs (other than Spiral), what is the maximum riser (R) dimension?
e) For Stairs (other than spiral), what is the minimum going (G) dimension?
f) What is the maximum distance allowed, between openings in barriers to prevent falls, including decorative balustrades?
g) What is the maximum distance allowed between the treads, in open tread stair construction?
- Using the provided staircase perimeter drawings and formula data given below. Draw a solution for a typical staircase and handrail. This task is primarily assessing your knowledge of NCC/BCA requirements, as covered in the previous questions, not your drawing skills.
Do you need high quality Custom Essay Writing Services?