What types of first-responder agencies and organizations do you think would respond in the event of an earthquake?
Kindly ADD to CART to purchase the FULL answer at only $5.99
You are at your home when you feel a tremor on the floor. Next, you feel the ground shake as you now recognize that an earthquake is occurring. As a homeland security student, you have learned that there are several organizations that come together when a crisis occurs. You decide to be proactive and find these organizations to see if you can assist in the recovery of the earthquake. To help, you must be able to identify the organizations that would respond to this hazard, and who responds first.
In 4–5 paragraphs, address the following:
- What types of first-responder agencies and organizations do you think would respond in the event of an earthquake? Explain.
- Besides these first-responder agencies, what other types of organizations might respond?
- Do you think that responding to an earthquake is primarily a responsibility for local organizations? Why or why not?
- What role do you think state and federal agencies should have during the response phase of crisis and emergency management? Explain.
- The private sector includes businesses and other organizations, both for-profit and nonprofit. Should they be required to assist with emergency management? Why or why not?
- Post a new topic to the Discussion Board that contains your responses to the questions.
- Comment on at least 2 other students’ posts.