The ABC Company has been engaged in the practice of [topic] for some time and that practice seems to have worked well. Recently, a new CEO was hired, and she has requested a top-to-bottom review of all such practices.
Kindly ADD to CART and Purchase the Full Answer at $5.99 ONLY.
The ABC Company has been engaged in the practice of [topic] for some time and that practice seems to have worked well. Recently, a new CEO was hired, and she has requested a top-to-bottom review of all such practices. To get a complete picture of [topic] you have been assigned to support (For) or refute (Against) that topic. You have been asked to create a persuasive message espousing the assigned position. You have not been asked to suggest any actions, only why ABC Company should or should not engage in the practice of [topic].
- Review the Business Topics Actions Business topic added in separate attachment
list and choose a position you’d like to argue for or against.
- Use the MSU library to search for credible, third party research and information to support your argument.
- You will need to find at least 3 credible sources (Example: scholarly journal articles, pewreserach.org, Wall Street Journal article).
- Write a memo to me in the proper memo format (see Memo Template Actions). The final memo should be about 2.5-3 pages in business format (not including your references on a References page at the end of your report). Business format is 12-point font, left justified text, no indented paragraphs, and a line space between each paragraph.
- Your memo should contain the following sections:
- Start with an opening paragraph stating the purpose of the memo – why you are writing this.
- About XXXX: Provide a short description of the topic and why it is controversial.
- Position: Briefly discuss your position on the topic and tell me why you believe this.
- Research: Discuss the current research that supports your position. This section must summarize data from your sources.
- State who conducted the research, the sample size, and what the findings were.
- This can be a few paragraphs as needed.
- Include in-text citations in APA format. (Go online and look up how to do in-text citations and references in APA format).
- Include two charts and/or graphs and interpret them. Refer to them within your report. You must show evidence that you understand the information being conveyed in the charts/graphs and how it supports your position.
- Conclusion: Summarize the importance of the topic and restate your position. This is where your persuasive messaging skills matter.
- End with a paragraph that tells me how to reach you if I have questions.
- Use section titles in bold to denote the sections of your memo (e.g., About, Position, Research, Conclusion).
Written Communication Skills Rubric
|Written Communication Skills Rubric|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeContent threshold: 16.0 pts||20 pts [20-18 pts] 1) Task thoroughly covered and completed. 2) Primary thesis is clear and fully developed. 3) Assertions made are compelling and clearly supported. 17 pts [17-16 pts] 1) Task is covered sufficiently. 2) Primary thesis clear but there is some room for further topic development. 3) Assertions support could be stronger, more compelling, covering all issues. 15 pts [15-10 pts] 1) Task not adequately covered. 2) Primary thesis not clear or if it is, topic development is minimal. 3) Assertions are either weakly supported or no support is offered. 10 pts [10-0 pts] Demonstrates minimal to no understanding in this performance area.||20 pts|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeOrganization threshold: 16.0 pts||20 pts [20-18 pts] 1) Flows well: appropriate beginning, development, and conclusion. 2) Paragraph structure contributes to flow and transitions. 3) Organization helps reader to understand and remember information. 17 pts [17-16 pts] 1) Follows logical sequence: beginning, development, and conclusion are identifiable. 2) Generally proper use of paragraph structure and topic sentences. 3) Organization helps the reader to follow and find information. 15 pts [15-10 pts] 1) Lacks logical sequence; format interferes with readability. 2) Lacks proper paragraphing, limiting understanding of topic change. 3) Topic sentences do not relate to rest of paragraph or are missing altogether. 10 pts [10-0 pts] Demonstrates minimal to no understanding in this performance area.||20 pts|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAudience & Tone threshold: 16.0 pts||20 pts [20-18 pts] 1) Writer focused on audience; displays empathy for the reader. 2) Goodwill created through consideration of the reader’s needs. 3) Message tailored directly for the reader. 4) Formal business tone and wording is used consistently. 17 pts [17-16 pts] 1) Reader acknowledged, displaying some thought about audience’s nature. 2) Reader treated politely and positively. 3) Message contains no evidence of inappropriate attitude. 4) Tone and wording are generally suitable to a business audience. 15 pts [15-10 pts] 1) Writer is internally focused rather than reader focused. 2) Audience awareness or under-standing not shown. 3) Writer may appear to be discourteous to the reader. 4) Tone and wording are informal and not suitable to a business audience. 10 pts [10-0 pts] Demonstrates minimal to no understanding in this performance area.||20 pts|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeStyle & Format threshold: 16.0 pts||20 pts [20-18 pts] 1) Displays sophisticated grasp of language in sentence structure and vocabulary. 2) Writes concisely. Word usage and vocabulary are correct with variety. 3) Includes appropriate business terms. 4) Text is single spaced. 5) Uses business formatting according to assignment instructions. 17 pts [17-16 pts] 1) Sentences vary in length and style. Occasionally employs jargon or clichés. 2) Vocabulary and word usage generally correct and shows some variety. 3) Uses business terms appropriately. 15 pts [15-10 pts] 1) Overuse of simple sentences. May misuse words or idioms and may include slang. 2) Wordy rather than concise. Writing shows lack of sophistication or variety in vocabulary. 3) Little or no evidence of business formatting. 10 pts [10-0 pts] Demonstrates minimal to no understanding in this performance area||20 pts|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeMechanics & Referencing threshold: 16.0 pts||20 pts [20-18 pts] 1) No errors in word usage, spelling, sentence structure (run-ons, fragments), punctuation, and capitalization. 2) References (if called for) follow required format. 17 pts [17-16 pts] 1) Relatively free of errors Mechanics do not detract from credibility of the content. 2) References (if called for) are generally correct. 15 pts [15-10 pts] 1) Significant errors undermine credibility of content and readability. 2) Reference formatting (if called for) is missing or incorrect. 10 pts [10-0 pts] Demonstrates minimal to no understanding in this performance area||20 pts|
|Total Points: 100|