Stress and Related Hazards of the Job
Kindly ADD to CART and Purchase the Full Answer at $5.99 ONLY.
- (A) List the four definitions of stress outlined in the text. (B) List and explain in detail, not just define, the 4 categories of stress. (C) Define homeostasis.
- (A) List and explain the 3 sources from which stress commonly arises. (B) List the 4 sources of stress for police officers. (C) List 3 points/concepts associated with internal individual stressors. (D) List and explain the types of personalities that affect stress levels.
- (A) List 8 stressors inherent to police work. (B) Define critical incidents. (C) Define burst stress. (D) Define split-second syndrome and identify its assertion. (E) List 3 classes of dangerous people who want to die in a confrontation with the police. (F) List 4 identifiers of the circadian system. (G) Define sleep inertia.
- List and explain the 12 major sources of an administrative stress.
- (A) List 8 ways women officers experience stress. (B) List 4 ways minority officers experience stress. (C) List 6 ways rural officers experience stress.
- (A) Explain the life expectancy of law enforcement officers versus the average life expectancy in the U.S. (B) Discuss the diseases and behaviors associated with police stress as it relates to years on the job. (C) List 10 behavioral effects of stress. (D) List 10 behavioral stress reactions to stress. (E) List 12 psychological symptoms of stress. (F) Define PTSD and list and explain the 4 diagnostic clusters.
- (A) Define burnout. (B) List the 4 symptoms of burnout. (C) How does Carlton refer to burnout? (D) What are the 2 dangers an officer faces because of burnout? (E) Explain how burned-out employees be helped? (F) How can burnout be avoided?
- (A) List 10 external stressors that induce stress. List and explain (B) Explain the CSI effect. (C) Explain afterburn (1) list 3 risk factors of afte4rburn and (2) list 4 protective factors of afterburn.
- List and explain stress as it relates to (A) alcohol/substance abuse, (B) divorce, (C) depression (include 10 symptoms), and (D) suicide (include 7 contributing factors and 8 warning signs).
- List and explain in detail 4 ways the organization can reduce stress?