(solved) NR443 Week 5 Social Media Discussion: Healthcare Policies and Population Health
NR443 Week 5 Social Media Discussion: Healthcare Policies and Population Health
The purpose of this discussion is for learners to discuss how healthcare policies impact population health.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO5 Utilize a collaborative approach to address factors that influence population health (PO2)
CO6 Examine collaborative trends in community health nursing (PO2)
- Answer post due by Wednesday 11:59 PM MT in Week 5
- Two replies to classmates and/or instructor due by Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 5
- Social Media discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers using a social media platform as inspiration. In the social media discussions, students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Research current data through outside sources and social media postings
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
Healthcare policies impact all populations. Now, with the use of social media, policies involvement and awareness are rising.
- Take a moment to review the Twitter feed for compelling Tweets that are related to healthcare policy and are directly impacting your community or those you care for.
- Give an overview of the policy or potential policy. Include how it could impact your community or those you care for positively negatively.
- Next, discuss the importance that interdisciplinary collaboration would have related to the policy.
- Then, identify any ethical concerns it raises for you and why.
- Compose a 280-character or fewer Tweet that describes what you have shared with the class. Remember Twitter only allows 280 characters (this include spaces, etc.) so you will need to be concise. It should include a hashtag. Include a reference URL if applicable. Share this Tweet in the discussion. (Note: A Twitter account is not required).
- Your discussion post should look like:
- Paragraph one: overview of the policy or potential policy. Include how it could impact your community or those you care for positively negatively.
- Paragraph two: Discuss the importance that interdisciplinary collaboration would have related to the policy.
- Paragraph three: Identify any ethical concerns it raises for you and why
- Paragraph four: Compose a Tweet that describes what you have shared with the class.
- Resources: Where did you find your data?
- Example Tweet: Medications should be affordable. #pharmaceuticaltransparency #nursesunit #advocate https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/press-releases/cms-takes-action-lower-prescription-drug-prices-and-increase-transparency