(Answer) Math 225N Week 7 Assignment: Lab
Please pay $5 and download the solution for this assignment.
Math 225N Week 7 Assignment: Lab
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- OpenStax Textbook: Chapter 8
- Chamberlain University Library
The highlight of this week’s lab is confidence intervals and the use of these intervals in the health sciences. There is a short reading that specifically relates confidence intervals to health sciences and then you are asked to demonstrate your knowledge of confidence intervals by applying them in a practical manner.
The deliverable is a Word document with your answers to the questions posed below based on the article you find.
- Microsoft Word
- Internet access to read articles
Steps to Complete the Week 7 Lab
Step 1: Find these articles in the Chamberlain Library. Once you click each link, you will be logged into the Library and then click on “PDF Full Text”.
- First Article: Confidence Intervals, Part 1 (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (Links to an external site.)
- Second Article: Confidence Intervals, Part 2 (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (Links to an external site.)
Step 2: Consider the use of confidence intervals in health sciences with these articles as inspiration and insights.
Step 3: Using the data you collected for the Week 5 Lab (heights of 10 different people that you work with), discuss your method of collection for the values that you are using in your study. What are some faults with this type of data collection? What other type of data collection could you have used, and how might this have affected your study?
Step 4: Now use the Week 6 Spreadsheet (Links to an external site.) to help you with calculations for the following questions/statements.
- Give a point estimate for the average height of all people at the place where you work. Start by putting the ten heights you are working with into the blue Data column of the spreadsheet. What is your point estimate, and what does this mean?
- Find a 95% confidence interval for the true mean height of all the people at your place of work. What is the interval?
- Give a practical interpretation of the interval you found in part b, and explain carefully what the output means. (For example, you might say, “I am 95% confident that the true mean height of all of the people in my company is between 64 inches and 68 inches”).
- Post a screenshot of your work from the t value Confidence Interval for µ from the Confidence Interval tab on the Week 6 Excel spreadsheet
Step 5: Now, find a 99% confidence interval for the same data. Would the margin of error be larger or smaller for the 99% CI? Explain your reasoning.
Step 6: Save the Week 7 Lab document with your answers and include your name in the title.
Step 7: Submit the document.