Racial profiling in the war on terrorism.
Kindly ADD to CART to purchase the FULL answer at only $5.99
The Final Research Paper should demonstrate understanding of the reading assignments, class discussions, your own research, as well as the implications of new knowledge.
You will analyze the ethical implications and homeland security implications on one of the following five topics:
- Racial profiling in the war on terrorism.
- Water-boarding and other coercive tactics of interrogation on detained terrorist suspects.
- The PATRIOT Act in regards to its authorization of surveillance and search and seizure.
- The invasion of Iraq in regards to the use of preventive/pre-emptive war.
- The use of military tribunals in adjudicating the guilt or innocence of known or suspected terrorists.
At minimum, the paper should accomplish the following:
- Analyze the ethical implications on the chosen topic.
- Analyze the ethical implications from the official Government perspective of Homeland Security.
- Analyze the topic, drawing on the stated ethical and homeland security implications, justifying/not justifying its use through the Just War Theory (this should be as objective as possible—it is not an opinion piece).
- Present final conclusions based on the analysis of the chosen topic from various perspectives and the tenant of Just War Theory.
You must inform the instructor of your paper topic by Day 7 of Week One. The paper is due in Week Five.
Writing the Final Research Paper
The Final Research Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Demonstrate the ability to think and analyze critically while writing a college-level research paper using APA style.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least three assigned sources, and five additional sources found through outside research using the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.