Promoting and Implementing Multicultural Organization Development
As an employee of a local college, you have just been identified as the Senior Diversity Officer. This is a new position which was developed as a result of the college’s deficiency in diversity and multiculturalism in virtually every facet of the institution’s operations. The Senior Diversity Officer reports directly to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement and Effectiveness, but will also work closely with the Vice President of Academic Affairs and the entire academic team. In your new role, your primary responsibility is to promote and implement diversity in the overall educational community and most importantly the classroom.
Before completing the assignment, please read the five (5) Campus Models and Case Studies displayed on the Association of American Colleges & Universities (AACU) website.
Next, write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Develop a mission statement for your college’s diversity office.
- Determine how and why this mission statement is significant for future diversity implementation at your institution.
- Prepare a minimum of five (5) measurable goals that will be implemented throughout the University structure. Provide a rationale for each goal and determine how each goal will impact the future of diversity at your college. Indicate the method you will use to measure progress on each goal and how you will identify when each goal has been accomplished.
- From the AACU website Campus Models and Case Studies, choose one (1) best practice that one (1) of the highlighted universities followed which would also be beneficial to your institution. Explain how the best practice you chose aligns with your mission statement and goals.
- Use at least four (4) quality peer-reviewed academic resources written within the past five (5) years. Note: Wikipedia and other similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze various theories of diversity, and determine how they apply to adult teaching and learning environments.
- Explore the context and development of diversity within adult education and training.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in diversity in adult education.
- Write clearly and concisely about diversity in adult education using proper writing mechanics.
error: Content is protected !!