Practice with CSS and Tables
Kindly ADD this product to cart at only $5
Assignment 2: Practice with CSS and Tables
Description of LASA:
For this assignment, you will create and test a website to ensure its compliance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act and WCAG 2.0 standards. You will develop an 8–10 slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation for your classmates explaining how your website meets accessibility standards.
Accessible web pages can be used by all individuals, including those with visual, hearing, mobility, and cognitive challenges. As you work through your website, accessibility should be an integral part of your web page design and coding rather than an afterthought.
You will configure headings and subheadings, navigation within unordered lists, images with alternate text, and associations between text and form controls. These techniques increase the accessibility of a web page. Review the information below prior to beginning your activity:
- Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act requires electronic and information technology, including web pages that are used by US federal agencies, to be accessible to people with disabilities.
- WCAG 2.0 standards consider an accessible web page to be perceivable, operable, and understandable for people with a wide range of disabilities. A page should be robust enough to work with a variety of browsers and other user agents, such as assistive technologies (for example, screen readers) and mobile devices. This website contains the standards and the validator to ensure that one’s website meets the accessibility guidelines. It is more of a validation tool than reading material.
- Create a website (using text editor or HTML) that will be used to sell a product of your choice online. Your website should:
- Contain a Home page that is named “index.html.”
- Include a description of the business, target audience, purpose, and a Contact Us page that allows the user to obtain more information about the company.
- Contain a minimum of 5 HTML pages.
- Adhere to Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 standards.
- Demonstrate your compliance with accessibility standards by performing accessibility testing on your site.
- As indicated above, there is a variety of accessibility checkers available for you to utilize. Adobe Dreamweaver includes a built-in accessibility checker. Several browser toolbars are available that can be used to assess accessibility, including the Web Developer Extension, WAT-C Web Accessibility Toolbar, and the AIS Web Accessibility Toolbar. These are examples of tools that could be used in an HTML editor to validate the site.
- Submit your website through an accessibility checker; include a copy of the results (a screenshot).
- After reviewing your results, identify and implement any changes that you will need to make to your site for it to be in compliance with Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 standards.
- In M3 Assignment 2 LASA 1, you identified the changes required. In this step, your goal is to provide the specific HTML tags that will be added to your site to ensure compliance with Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 standards.
- Resubmit your report through an accessibility checker. Provide an updated report (the screenshot).
- In approximately 8–10 slides, create a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation that summarizes the website you developed for the students in your class. The summary should include the purpose, intended audience, and a structure of the design and layout. In addition, explain how the website meets web accessibility standards. Include detailed speaker’s notes.
Note: Your presentation should utilize at least three scholarly or professional sources (beyond your textbook) in your paper. Your paper should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., in APA format); and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- By the due date assigned, save your website as M5_A1_LastName_FirstInitial.html and the presentation as M5_A1_LastName_FirstInitial.ppt and submit them to the Submissions Area.
Assignment 1 Grading CriteriaMaximum PointsCreated a 5–page website (using text editor or HTML) that will be used to sell a product of your choice online and has a Home page named “index.html.”76Provided a description of the business, target audience, purpose, and a Contact Us page that allows the user to obtain more information about the company.52Demonstrated compliance with accessibility standards by performing accessibility testing on your site. Submitted your website through an accessibility checker; included a copy of the result (a screenshot).36Identified and implemented the changes that you will need to make to your website for it to be more in compliance with Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 standards. Resubmitted to the checker and provided a new result report (the screenshot).40Created a presentation summarizing the website you developed and explaining how it meets web accessibility standards.32Writing Components:
- Organization (16)
- Usage and Mechanics (16)
- APA Elements (24)
- Style (8)