Kindly ADD to CART to purchase the FULL answer at only $5.99
Assignment 2: Long-Term Detention
The primary forms of long-term detention are boot camps, ranches, forestry camps, training schools, reception, and diagnostic centers.
Unlike their short-term counterparts, which are designed to house youths for a couple of weeks, long-term detention typically provides housing for delinquent youths for thirty days or longer.
Prepare a 3- to 5-page brief report on the points mentioned below and document your sources.
- Describe the forms of detention facilities available in your state. Are they publicly or privately run? Give reasons for your answer.
- Explain whether these detention facilities offer any special training or education. Give reasons for your answer.
- Describe whether these detention facilities cater to a specific type of delinquent youth. Give reasons for your answer.
- Indicate how long these detention facilities have been in operation.
- Summarize any statistics that these detention facilities offer to describe their effectiveness in meeting their organization goals. Explain whether these goals reach the expectations defined by the organizations.
Your paper should include your research on the points of the long-term sanctioning options available in your state.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Prepared a 3- to 5-page paper that summarizes the long-term detention facilities currently in operation in your state.||16|
|Analyzed the forms of detention and justified whether these are publicly or privately operated.||16|
|Analyzed the special training or educational programs offered at the detention facilities. In addition, reasoned whether the detention facilities cater to a specific type of delinquent youth and identified the length of time these detention facilities have been in operation.||28|
|Analyzed the statistics offered by the detention facilities in describing the facilities’ overall effectiveness and justified whether the goals reach the expectations defined by the organizations.||20|
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in the accurate representation and attribution of sources; and used accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||20|