Determine if radiologic technologists in the three states can administer contrast media or dye under the supervision of a physician.
Kindly ADD to CART to purchase the FULL answer at only $5.99
In this scenario, your organization has struggled during the past year with hiring qualified radiologic technologists (a.k.a. x-ray techs, radiographers, or rad techs) in your state of CA and two neighboring states. After reading an Office of Inspector General (OIG) scope of practice case, your supervisor has become concerned about whether or not your radiologic technologists can legally administer contrast media or dye under the supervision of a physician. If the state allows radiologic technologists to administer contrast media, the organization wants to invest in training radiologic technologists to administer the contrast media rather than hiring additional personnel.
Locate and evaluate the scope of practice information for radiologic technologists for your state and two neighboring states.
Create a 7- to 9-slide presentation with speaker notes using Microsoft® PowerPoint® that examines the following:
- The information each state includes in regard to scope of practice for radiologic technologists.
- How the scope of practice for radiologic technologists varies for each state (e.g. administration, certification, regulation, etc).
- Determine if radiologic technologists in the three states can administer contrast media or dye under the supervision of a physician.
- In the absence of clarity from the state, discuss options where you might be able to turn to in order to justify practice guidelines for your organization. (What are other similar orgs doing? How do they justify it?)
- Recommend action items to your supervisor.
- Training in contrast administration
- Hire additional personnel
Cite 3 reputable references to support your assignment (e.g., trade or industry publications, government or agency websites, scholarly works, or other sources of similar quality).
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.