You can order a completed sample paper for this order at $20 by adding to cart.
You can also buy a FREE- PLAGIARIZED paper here
Module Title: Basic Statistics and ICT skills
Assignment: S1. Report
Word Count: Equivalent to 3,000 words
Contribution to Module Mark: 100%
Submission Deadline: 17/10/2022
Assessment outline (from the Module specification): Individual Written Report
Learning outcome assessed: 1- Skills in the use of basic ICT packages such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
2- Skills in data identification and application, using different graphs and basic descriptive statistics.
3- An understanding of data knowledge and of the skills which will contribute towards informed decision making.
You are required to submit an individual written report (Microsoft Word file) completing the three following tasks.
Write an essay (1,000 word, +/- 10%) about the impact of COVID-19 on daily life in the UK covering the following Topic:
‘The Impact of Covid-19 on Health, Economic and Social care’.
You are required to adopt the following structure:
– Introduction: A brief paragraph to introduce what your essay is about and how you will cover it.
– Main Body:
• A paragraph about COVID-19 in the UK in general. You need to present some statistics here using a line chart. You have to use the data provided to you in the excel file named “Coronavirus Death”. You need to comment on the line chart (the sharp increase and the decline – Hints: Lockdown and New variant).
• A paragraph on the impact of COVID-19 on healthcare in the UK. You should create a pie chart to show the death ratio. You have to use the data provided in the excel file named “Coronavirus cases.” Also, you can refer to your own experience in this area.
• A paragraph on the impact of COVID-19 on the economy in the UK. You should show a bar chart for the monthly unemployment figures in 2021. You have to use the data provided in the excel file named “Unemployment Data”. (You can refer to your own experience).
• A paragraph on the impact of COVID-19 on social life. You should insert a relevant picture here. Also, you can refer your own experience.
– Conclusion: You need to provide a summary of your essay and present your own opinion.
– List of references in Harvard Referencing Style
THIS MS WORD FILE IS THE ESSENTIAL FILE THAT IS REQUIRED TO BE SUBMITTED USING THE MAIN SUBMISSION LINK.
Task 1: The 1,000 word and the 3 charts are equivalent to 1500 words
The main aim of task 2 is to assess your skills in using MS Excel. You need to download the excel file named “Task 2” and complete the exercises in it. They are about basic operations, basic functions and formulas, descriptive statistics and graphs.
YOU MUST TAKE A SCREENSHOT OF TASK 2 AND INSERT IT IN YOUR MS WORD FILE.
Task 2: The MS Excel exercise is equivalent to 1,000 words
You have been experiencing online learning through semester 1. Create a PowerPoint presentation through which you evaluate online learning (Pros and Cons).
The main assessment of ‘Task 3’ is on your MS PowerPoint skills. You are required to adopt the following structure:
– Slide1 – Cover page
– Slide 2 – Table of Content
– Slide 3 – Introduction
– Slide 4 – What is online learning? You need a reference here
– Slide 5 – What are the positives of online learning?
– Slide 6 – What are the negatives of online learning?
– Slide 7 – Conclusion
– Slide 8 – References
– You are required to use relevant pictures/images in your presentation slides.
YOU MUST TAKE SCREENSHOTS OF YOUR INDIVIDUAL SLIDES AND INSERT THEM IN YOUR MS WORD FILE.
Task 3: The 250 word and the required slides are equivalent to 500 words
Submission files requirements:
1. Submission One: MS word file that includes the three tasks. Task 1 as a report, task 2 and task 3 as screenshots. Please use submission link 1.
2. Submission Two: MS excel file for task 2. Please use submission link 2.
3. Submission Three: MS PowerPoint file for task 3. Please use submission link 3.
YOU MUST SUBMIT THE THREE AFOREMENTIONED FILES.
The three files need to be submitted onto Turn-it-in by:
Assignment Structure: Report Cover Page
• This should clearly follow the cover page template in your Module Handbook: Your ID,
Module Name and Code, Assignment Name and Number and the Word Count.
• This should have clear titles and sub-titles correctly formatted.
• This should have the titles of all tables/ diagrams used throughout the report.
• This should present a clear list of any appendices provided.
This should introduce the report to the reader. What is it about? The main tasks.
Essay 1,000 words (+/- 10%)
Excel exercises (Screenshot)
PowerPoint Slides (Screenshots)
References and Structure
Your assignment should be Harvard Referenced and show a range of sources.
Your report should be properly referenced.
This report will be marked based on the following criteria:
MS Word Skills Demonstration of skills to use MS word with clear understanding of its implication 15%
Skills Demonstration of skills to use MS PowerPoint with clear
understanding of its implication 15%
MS Excel Skills Demonstration of skills to use MS Excel with clear understanding
of different formulas 15%
Statistical Skills Demonstration of skills in data identification and application,
using different graphs and basic descriptive statistics. 15%
Structure, Presentation, English and
Referencing Well-presented, clear and consistent academic writing; including spelling, grammar and punctuation. Appropriate and relevant academic referencing using Harvard Referencing
For all policies regarding the submission of your work please refer to the Programmed and Student Handbooks.
Task number Word Count Equivalent Words
Task 1 – MS word essay
including 3 charts 1,000 word (+/-10 %) 1,500 words
Task 2 – MS Excel exercise Data, formulas and charts 1,000 words
Task 3 – MS PowerPoint 250 words + images, objects
animations etc. 500 words
Total 3,000 words