1) PICK AN ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARD OF PARTICULAR CONCERN TO YOU. IT SHOULD BE RATHER SPECIFIC SINCE DATA INVOLVING THIS HEALTH HAZARD ARE REQUIRED.
2) Plan a data collection study to identify potential human health hazards.
3) Demonstrate knowledge of safety, health, and environmental laws, regulations, and policies to assure protection of humans.
4) Analyze and interpret data using quantitative reasoning to draw conclusions about the impact on human health.
5) Effectively communicate knowledge of environmental health principles and relevant data, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
An important part of environmental health professional practice is assessing environments for potential hazards or exposure to hazards within a given environment. To conduct an assessment, a practitioner must use effective data research methods. Learning to conduct data research and to communicate your findings are essential skills for an environmental health professional. With this assignment, you will be expected to demonstrate many skills directly relevant to the field of environmental health. As part of this assignment, you will:
Collect and analyze data on a potential environmental issue in the environment and develop a Data Research Plan to study this issue OR use official data (government or privately verified)