Nutrition and Fitness
1. Identify at least three benefits of cardiovascular exercise.
2. Identify at least three benefits of muscular strength and endurance training.
3. Identify at least three benefits of flexibility exercises.
4. Looking at the recommendations for exercise, discuss how your current exercise level compares to these recommendations.
5. Discuss why the need for fluid changes with increased physical activity. How does dehydration affect athletic performance?
6. Compare the body?s use of energy during aerobic exercise vs. anaerobic exercise.
7. Discuss the importance of eating before, during, and after exercise.
8. Athletes or persons engaged in regular fitness are often vulnerable to recommendations to consume supplements to improve performance.
a. What are concerns for persons using supplements and ergogenic aids?
b. Should recreational (non-professional) athletes use legal ergogenic aids? Why or why not?
c. When is a sports drink recommended as the fitness beverage of choice? Why?