Evidence-based Practice (California State University Chico)
N 255 weeks 3-4
We have the answer for the question
- List and discuss the components of the nursing process system and the ANA Standards of Nursing
- Compare and contrast medical diagnosis and nursing
- List and define the steps of the nursing diagnostic process.
- Describe the steps of data analysis and diagnostic reasoning.
- Demonstrate ability to identify client needs from assessment data.
- Develop a problem list from a case study
- Demonstrate the ability to correctly write a nursing diagnostic statement for an “at risk”, potential and actual client
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize a list of nursing
- Describe goal
- Differentiate between goals of care and expected
- List seven factors to consider when writing goals and outcomes.
- Describe 3 categories of nursing
- Describe types of nursing care plans, their advantages and
- Discuss the evaluation of nursing
- a way to organize and deliver care that’s appropriate
- problem solving using scientific method combined with art of nursing systems theory
- Outcome identification
ANA standards of nursing practice Function of nursing
- diagnosis and treatment of human responses to actual or potential health
problems (physical, psychosocial, spiritual)
- treatment of a disease is a dependent function of nursing
Breakdown of the nursing process
Assessment: evaluates the patient’s condition
- collects and verifies data from primary source (patient)
- collects and verifies data from the secondary source (relative, friend, health professional, )
- purpose is to establish a database of subjective/objective data
- subjective: patient perspective, what they tell you
- “I feel (…)”, “I have pain”.
- objective: observations/measurements you make
- Vital signs, diaphoresis, heart sounds<