Read the “Jed Assessment Case Study” and imagine that Jed is your client.
Use third person (i.e., Jed will or the client will) and assume that the two of you have formulated the plan together.
Complete the relapse prevention plan worksheet by developing a relapse prevention plan for Jed.
APA style is not required but solid academic writing is expected.
- Review the rubric!
- If you want to get points for a certain area of your paper, look at the rubric. It tells you how to make this happen
- Address all the content areas identified in the guidelines for the assignment.
- Use an appropriate structure for your paper.
- FIND 2 PEER-REVIEWED SOURCES (though often many more are needed)
- Not web pages. Scholarly = Peer-Reviewed / Published
- Aim to use current resources as well. Sometimes dated information leads people to state things as fact when they really are not viewed this way in the present.
- APA is King in the counseling field
- All written submissions you will do in this field assume you understand APA format.
- If you are not sure how to do this, consult the APA Manual and do a full read through for a few hours. This will earn you so many points in the future.
- Find reputable web resources for specific formatting questions if you feel stuck.