Course Project—Part 5
In this part of W5 Project, you will complete the course project you started in Week 1. You will focus on network security based on your network topology and logical network design. You will also consider physical security, information security, and appropriate security technologies.
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research network security tools and network security diagrams.
Continuing with the course project, on the basis of your research and reading, complete the following tasks this week:
- Choose a network management tool and a security tool that can be used in your network design. There are many other tools that you can explore. Justify your selections. An example of a network monitoring tool is Paessler Router Traffic Grapher (PRTG). Click here to access the tool.
- Update the vendor and costs table from W4 Project based on the updates you made to the proposed network design.
- Finally, add a network security diagram using any of the tools that you have downloaded so far. You may also look for examples of network security diagrams over the Internet.
Compile your answers to both parts of this assignment in a 7- to 8-page Microsoft Word document. Include a discussion in your response on how to utilize the knowledge/experience gained from the hands-on labs of Weeks 1–5 in doing the course project assignment components.
- Support your responses with appropriate research, reasoning, and examples.
- Cite any sources in APA format.
- Part 5 of the course project – Name your document SU_ITS3103_W5_Project_LastName_FirstInitial.
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.