Consider the organization you work for or an organization with which you are familiar.
Describe the organization and then answer the following questions:
- How have technological trends helped the organization innovate its business processes?
- How has IT technology caused disruption in the organization? Explain.
- How did the disruption facilitate a competitive advantage?
- Embed course material concepts, principles and theories, which require supporting citations, along with at least two scholarly peer reviewed references in supporting your answer. Keep in mind that these scholarly references can be found in the Saudi Digital Library by conducting an advanced search specific to scholarly references.
- You need to reply to at least two peers’ post answers to this discussion question. These replies need to be substantial and constructive in nature. They should add to the content of the post and evaluate/analyze that post answer. Normal course dialogue doesn’t fulfill these two peer replies but is expected throughout the course. Answering all course questions is also required.
- Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.
Be sure to support your statements with logic and argument, citing all sources referenced. Post your initial response early, and check back often to continue the discussion. Be sure to respond to your peers’ posts as well.
- Chapter 1 in Information Technology for Management
- Nascimento, A. M., & Silveira, D. S. D. (2017). A systematic mapping study on using social media for business process improvement. Computers in Human Behavior, 73, 670-675.
- Xiao, J., Wu, Y., Xie, K., & Hu, Q. (2018). Managing the e-commerce disruption with IT-based innovations: Insights from strategic renewal perspectives. Information & Management.