Healthy People 2020 is a framework to assist communities in preventing disease and promoting health. Search the scientific literature and find a research study related to one of the focus areas identified by Healthy People 2020.
In a 750-1200-word essay, critically appraise the study by answering each of the following questions:
- What is the study question and is it relevant?
- Does the study add anything new?
- What type of research question is being asked?
- Was the study design appropriate for the research question?
- Did the study methods address the most important potential sources of bias?
- Was the study performed according to the original protocol?
- Does the study test a stated hypothesis? If so, what is it?
- Does the data justify the conclusions?
- Are there any conflicts of interest?
- There are methodological points to consider in appraising literature that are specific to cross-sectional, cohort, case-control, clinical trials, and case studies. Based on the design of this study, what are the key methodical points to consider?
Healthy People is a set of 10-year national health objectives for promoting health and preventing disease. Through this initiative, the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), in partnership with states, communities, and many organizations in the public and private sectors, has set goals to “bring better health to all people