Thesis statement: Schools should take a more
proactive approach to security and the safety of the students, and
current legislation and liberal agendas impede progress in securing our
- When parents and students visit campuses, what questions should they ask?
- What kind of security system does the school provide?
- How far is the Police Station from campus?
- How many security guards does the campus provide per day?
- What are the duty hours for security personnel?
- What crime statistics should parents and students request from school before arriving?
- Jeanne Clery Act
- Is the school required by law to provide crime statistics?
- Where can you find the campus safety statistics?
- Is the Campus Safety department being proactive?
- What preventive measures work better for students to stay safe on campus?
- Student should not be allowed to walk alone after dusk
- The Campus should increase security
- The Campus should increase lighting
- The School should provide shuttle services
- Campus Security Legislation
- Current legislation
- Proposed legislation
- Bipartisan Campus Accountability and Safety Act
- Establishes New Campus Resources and Support Services for Student Survivors
- Ensures minimum training standards for on campus personnel
- New historic transparency requirements
- Increases campus accountability and coordination with law enforcement
- Establishes enforceable Title IX penalties and stiffer penalties for Clery Act violations