Citations and the reference page are not needed. Use your own words. Answer ALL the questions in bulleted form.
Course name: Group Work in Rehabilitation and Human Services
Part 1: Answer these questions in bulleted form.
1. Define informed consent and confidentiality. Describe the purpose of informed consent and confidentiality in groups. What is the difference between informed consent and confidentiality?
2. Define deliberate and unavoidable self-disclosure and give the example of each. What are the considerations for using self-disclosure in groups?
Part 2: Read the following scenario and use it to answer the questions.
You are leading a psychoeducation group on ‘Wellness for College Students.’ This group is scheduled to meet weekly on campus for 6 weeks. As you prepare for your first session, you review the following demographic information that group members filled out when signing up for the group via an online form:
• Camila is an 18 year old, Latina woman. She is a freshman from Pennsylvania majoring in physics. She identifies as heterosexual and has a partner.
• David is a 20 year old, Black man. He is a junior from Louisiana.
• Jana is a 34 year old, white woman. She reported that she is from Pennsylvania and is a part-time, working student. She has one child and is single.
• Tony is a 21 year old, white man. He is a fifth-year senior from Utah. He identifies as heterosexual. He is an education major who works part-time.
• Aiyana is a 21 year old, Native American woman. She reported that she is a senior from Arizona majoring in architecture. She identifies as heterosexual.
• Barbara is a 19 year old, Black woman from North Carolina. She is a sophomore Rehabilitation and Human Services major who identifies as bisexual and is single.
• Steven is a 21 year old, white man. His major is engineering, and he is a senior. Steven is gay and has a partner.
• Lian is a 20 year old, Asian female. She is an international student majoring in business. She is heterosexual and has a partner.
1. Provide a 2-3 paragraph answer for each of the following questions.
1) What are the primary tasks and characteristics, group member roles and concerns, and group leader roles and concerns that are to be expected in the group Initial Stage?
2) Why is it important for group leader and group members to consider the following in groups: diversity, privilege, power, and microaggressions?
2. Refer to the scenario above and provide a 1-2 paragraph answer for each of the following questions.
3) What multicultural considerations might you think about when working with this group? What group members’ identities that are not mentioned here might you want to know more about?
4) Below is a short transcript of a conversation between group members. For the following conversation, please do the following:
a) Define these five leadership skills of 1) reflection, 2) process questions, 3) summary, 4) linking, and 5) blocking.
b) Then provide the example of how you would use EACH leadership skill to respond in the following scenario that takes place a few sessions into your group (responses can be in bulleted form)
Camila states: “I feel so alone. I’ve thought of my roommate as my best friend this semester, but last night she said that she didn’t want to be friends anymore. She didn’t even give a reason. I think she’s mad because I said I couldn’t go out last weekend because I had midterms. I don’t know what I’m going to do. I have to live with her for the rest of the semester.”
Jana replies: “Oh, I’m so sorry. Maybe you could stay with me. You’d have to take the couch, but it would get you out of there.”
Tony says: “No big deal. Just get through the semester and find a new roommate.”
Lian replies: “I don’t think it’s that easy. I’ve come to see my roommates as my main source of support. They are also from China, and I don’t know what I’d do if we didn’t get along.”
David says: “Yeah, that’s rough. Do you think you can talk to her?”
Barbara says: “If she didn’t understand why you couldn’t go out, you don’t need her. Set boundaries that are healthy for you. Isn’t that what we’re focusing on here? Our own wellness?”
|Our Services||Our services||Our services||Our Services|
|Custom Research Papers|
Custom Term Paper
Dissertation Writing Service
Do My Essay
Do My Essay For Me
Do My Paper
|Essay Editing Services|
Buy Essays Online
Buy Term Paper Online
Write My Essay
Do my homework for me
Admission Essay Writing
APA Style Paper
Buy custom essay
Case Study Services
Cheap Research papers
Chicago Style Papers
Essay Writing Service
|Buy Term Paper Online|
Literary analysis essay
Application essay writing
Cause and effect essays
Compare and Contrast essay
Critical Analysis Essay
Buy college papers
Buy Essays online
College Term Papers
Essays for Sale
Research paper topics
Term Paper Writing
Five paragraph essay
Personal Essay writing
Online Writing Services
Buy Cheap Essays
Course Work Writing
Critical Essay Writing
Free Term Papers
Turnitin plagiarism checker