I have a health information power point due by Wednesday 12/19/2018. This is for my health information class. Information is all below.
1. Go to the website: https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/breach/breach_report.jsf and find a security breach that has happened in the past 12 months (the date of the breach is located in the spreadsheet.
2. Conduct a web search on the breach that you selected to review
3. Find a minimum of 2 different sources that discuss the breach that occurred and answer the following questions regarding the breach.
Assignment Requirements (see grading rubric below for additional requirements)
Creating a Power Point Presentation, answer the following questions about your breach.
Remember that slides should just be bullet point information. In the notes section of each slide, write 1 – 2 paragraphs describing your slide. More information on how to use notes can be found here:
· Describe the breach that occurred and how many patients were impacted by the breach. Include the type of covered entity and the location.
· Describe specific information regarding the breach as far as the type of breach and the location of the breach.
· Describe the steps the organization took after the breach to mitigate the breach.
· Discuss 1 – 2 different ideas on how what the organization could have done so that the breach didn’t occur.
· Discuss are 1-2 other mitigation steps that the organization could take to reduce the likelihood of a similar breach happening again. Examples: employee education or encryption of devices.