Assignment 3: Freescale Semiconductors Inc.
Prepare a twelve to twenty (12-20) slide PowerPoint presentation with speaker notes in which you:
1. Give your opinion as to whether or not additional laws and harsher penalties on financial fraud can eliminate or mitigate financial fraud. Support the rationale.
2. Suggest three (3) new strategies that you believe the government can implement to eliminate or mitigate insider trading. Provide a rationale to support the suggestion.
3. In this case study leaked merger and acquisition information was used to enable the fraud. Determine the key internal controls needed over the communication of confidential information to outside parties and analyze the manner in which these controls act as a deterrent to fraudulent activities.
4. Pretend you are Donna Murdoch in this case study and propose an alternative plan to act on the leaked information. Next recommend one (1) strategy to communicate the alternative plan and determine whom the plan should be communicated with. Justify the response.
5. In this case study E&Y was providing a consulting service to The Blackstone Group related to its planned acquisition of Freescale Semiconductor. Compare and contrast the different auditors professional responsibilities between consulting engagements and audit engagements.
6. Take a position on whether more legislative and/or regulatory agency oversight will increase or decrease corporate fraud. Provide a rationale to support the position.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Apply APA standards to citation of sources
No more than four (4) bullets per slide
No more than six (6) words per bullet
Headings:Times New Roman Font:36 Points
Bullets:Times New Roman Font:24 Points
Add bulleted speakers notes
freescale semiconductor careers
freescale semiconductor stock
freescale semiconductor india
freescale semiconductor malaysia
freescale semiconductor subsidiaries
freescale semiconductor austin tx
nxp semiconductors india